Saturday, May 07, 2022

The deepest suffering

The deepest suffering we carry
is the knowledge of our and other's mortality.

Life is so precious.
Some would believe it is created
only to be punished.

I find this difficult but in the face of the way things are,
I understand why this might be thought.

I however see life conceived as a blessing
and hope that in our birth we are perfect,
each with an angel in the presence of God.

The mystery of creation I believe
is that in it there is a battle.

God allows  the evil so that we are free to love.

I believe God to be only good and so
this creation is the perfect work of a loving God.

There is an enemy and
Jesus describes him as the prince of this world.
We live under his rule.

The rule of God being not of this world.

Genesis tells us that God does not stand
in the way when Satan lies and deceives.

It also shows that God intervenes sovereignly
as he chooses.

The birth and death of Jesus were a sovereign act of God
but Peter's and Judas ' denials were choices
as was Cain's in the beginning.

God does not coerce us but,
being God,
he knows us deeply
and no event is not known.

No comments: