Saturday, October 25, 2014

I stand outside

I stand outside
Insignificant
waiting a call
That'll draw me in.
I am drawn
Only to fall, fall,  fall
Marked out as the
Cockerel cries to the dawn.

And yes ,You are my friend;
You Are my friend;
Again? Friend.

I can't pretend;
This love needs to grow.

Just as in the beginning
There was a becoming
And that first Light became Man,
The Word enfleshed,
I will grow.

I will know that love spoken in hope.

And in tasting and seeing,
Faith will create
A life, alive to the promise.
From foe, to friend, to lover,
Now and always,
An ever present flow.
From trickle to torrent,
I will grow.

Oh that the fountain of my heart
Would bring Joy where there is despair,
Hope where there is futility,
Peace where all seems lost!

Here, drink this cold water,
Come and sit with me.
Speak and I will listen.
How might I help?
No, I'm no one too.
But don't worry,
We're in good company.

No comments: